- Pro Solutions
High fidelity performance in the movie theater requires both speed and directional control - the solution is Velocity by Legacy Audio. By controlling the dispersion pattern from high to low frequencies and combining lightning fast air motion ribbon tweeters with massive midwoofers and mass loaded radiators, the appropriately named Velocity is the perfect front main speaker solution for theaters seating up to 120 people.
The Velocity speaker begins with a 4” folded air motion ribbon tweeter and dual 7” folded air motion ribbon midranges- resulting in an airy top end with lightning fast transient response. Dual 12” carbon pulp midwoofers, powered by the included internal 750 Watts of cool running ICEpower ® amplification, are paired with dual 10” pneumatically coupled radiators for clean low frequency extension.
Velocity includes a DSP based crossover for optimizing the speaker in a variety of theater settings. With a sensitivity of 100 dB (in room @ 2.83V) the speaker can be paired with a number of amplifiers for extreme performance. Velocity, by Legacy Audio, is a low profile, full range, floor standing or wall mountable speaker, making it the perfect solution where space is at a premium and the highest standards of audio reproduction are a requirement.
Best Sound, Home Theater Award at What HiFi Sound And Vision
Legacy Audio distributor, Audio Excellence India, showcased the Legacy Velocity system at the What HiFi Show 2020 at the St. Regis in Mumbai, India.Learn More
Awarded Best Sound of the Show, the home theater demonstration included Legacy Velocity Satellite mains, Phantom HD surrounds, Xtreme XD and Foundation subwoofers paired with Parasound amplification, Storm Audio processor and Sim2 Nero 4 projector.
"...they really outdid themselves with sound and picture that was on par with the best in the world. The centrepiece of the room was the huge 21:9 Screen Research ClearPix screen that concealed an equally impressive array of Legacy Audio Velocity active speakers."
- Application: Front mains for theaters up to 120 seats
- System Type: Low profile full range, dual passives to eliminate port noise
- Mounting: Floor standing against wall, or wall mount against wall
- System Directivity: 55 degrees horizontally, 45 degrees vertically
- Projection Distance: 10-60 feet
- Tweeter: 4" folded air motion ribbon
- Midrange: (2) 7" folded air motion ribbons
- Midwoofer: (2) 12" carbon pulp, cast frame
- Subwoofer: (2) 10" pneumatically coupled mass loaded radiators
- Low Frequency Alignment: Passive Radiator
- Freq. Response (Hz, +/-3dB): 44-30k
- Sensitivity (Room, dB@ 2.83V): 100
- Crossover Freq. (Hz): DSP based 24 dB Linkwitz-Riley, phase compensated, 150, 1.2k, 2.2k
- Inputs: 1 pair upper frequency binding post, XLR bass input
- Internal Amplification: internal 750 watt ICEpower® amplification
- Peak Output Current: 35 A per channel
- Idle Noise: 80 microvolts
- Output per channel: 750W @ 0.05% THD+N (1kHz, 4Ω)
- Amplifier Efficiency: 83% (250W, 8Ω)
- Protection Schemes: under-voltage, thermal, over-current, high frequency
- Idle Power: 3 watts/module
- Start-up: Soft start, mute/de-mute
- Dimensions (HxWxD, inches) 66.25 x 14 x 7
- Weight: 120 lbs each
Bursting through the sound barrier...The Wall from Legacy Audio is an ultra high performance tower, suitable for the commercial theater, club or production studio.Learn More
The Legacy Wavelaunch Processor is at the heart of many Legacy systems.Learn More
The double Helix is capable of high SPL audio of the highest quality while maintaining a controlled radiation pattern via DSP. This super speaker system was originally designed for L.A. Reid and Universal Music Group and is employed in the Michael Jackson Conference Center at SONY/Epic Studios in Manhattan.Learn More