- Masters Collection
The flagship Legacy, Valor, relies on graceful styling to conceal an extraordinary arsenal of new technology. At nearly six feet in height and closing in on 300 pounds the Valor employs 2750 watts of internal power per side and a 56 bit processor to reproduce even the most dynamic performances with unprecedented detail.
The advancements are the combined efforts of Legacy's Chief Engineer, Bill Dudleston and Bernt Böhmer, of Böhmer Audio, Sweden. And while the sonic results may appear magical, they are the summation of Dudleston's 34 years of experience in the field of sound field reconstruction and Böhmer's highly touted mathematical algorithms. Together they have developed the Wavelet processor which tackles the problems of room resonances and digital harshness while the new Stereo Unfold technology reveals hidden layers of information by unmasking important spatial and harmonic cues otherwise lost in playback.
The Valor system as a whole is about acoustic steering and making sure that both lateral and vertical information on the recording appears appropriately in the time domain. In a two stage process the Room Correction algorithm cleans up the early unwanted reflections from your room's floor, ceiling and walls, thereby allowing the Stereo Unfold algorithm to restore the vectors encoded in the L/R information. The result is a clearer sound with more depth front to back and a more open and spacious soundstage. Localization is more precise as each performer seems to have their own dimensional space. Timbre is richer as readily demonstrated by the sonorous reed and bell characteristics of the saxophone. With pumping of the hi-hat pedal you can almost feel the flow of the air accelerating outward. Brushes cleanly circle on the snare head and the floor tom has a resounding bounce. Harmonics of vocals and stringed instruments are so natural that stereo playback pales in comparison. Image placement is no less than remarkable.
“A Heroic Speaker & a Euphoric Experience.” - Doug Schroeder, Dagogo
"As Close to Reality As Any Speaker I've Ever Heard"
“The Legacy VALOR/Wavelet II combination…sets a new reference standard, outperforms some far more expensive systems. It is a superb new loudspeaker system that mixes a truly innovative speaker design and dedicated electronics to achieve one of the best-sounding systems I’ve ever heard. I would suggest you audition the VALOR simply to help you redefine the state of the art."Learn More
"You get more detail and natural sound, and better ability to locate given instruments and voice in place, regardless of whether it is a solo instrument, a large complex orchestral performance, or mixes of instrument and voice.” – Anthony Cordesman, The Absolute Sound January 2022
State of The Art Imaging
"I do not recall hearing so finely accomplished a concentric driver with pinpoint imaging in such a large multi-driver speaker as the Valor. Wait; the biggest of the Avant Guard horn speakers I recall doing the same. Whereas you need a mansion and about $100K additional to get that result, the Valor lets you have it in a normal sized home and for much less.”Read the Review
“The Valor adds a game changing horn-like waveguide that shatters the sky of the treble ceiling and opens it up with superior information retrieval and extension, not to mention dynamics.”
-Doug Schroeder, Dagogo
Subterranean Bass Extension
The VALOR bass section includes 140 lbs of motor structure and 415 cubic inches of linear displacement driven by 2kW of ICEpower® technology.
- Product Manual Download Manual
- Application: Sequential sound field reconstruction system, auto-setup with calibrated microphone
- Processor: Wavelet 2 input, 8 output, 56 bit DSP, Room Correction/Stereo Unfold algorithm
- System Type: 8 Driver, 4 way system with specialized 3 driver ambient array
- Tweeter: Dual 4” AMT bridge-mounted in post convergent array
- Midrange: 1.5” coaxial, titanium/polyester diaphragm, precision waveguide
- Midwoofer: 14” carbon/pulp curvilinear cone, neo motor, dipolar
- Bass: Dual 14” carbon/pulp curvilinear cone, neo motor in super cardioid array
- Subwoofer: Dual 12” aluminum diaphragms, 480 oz. motors, cast frame, 3” dual 4 layer voice coils
- Passive Radiator: Dual 12” patented symmetrically loaded with 2” travel
- Low Frequency Alignment: Hybrid cardioid pattern, dual rear radiator, down-firing sub
- Inputs: 1 pair binding posts for upper range, 2 XLR balanced for bass, sub, 1 XLR for STEREO UNFOLD
- Internal Amplification: Subs- 1kW, Bass- 750W, Mid-500W, Ambient Array-500W
- Recommended Amplification: 1 external channel of 60 watts or greater required for high frequencies
- Freq. Response (Hz, +/-2dB): 12Hz-30kHz
- Impedance: XLR 10k, binding posts 4 ohms
- Sensitivity: 100.5 dB (2.83V@1m)
- Crossover (Hz): 65, 800, 6k
- Cabinet Dimensions HxWxD (inches): Cabinet 67” H x 16.25” W x 18” D, Base 1.5” H x 20.75” W x 20.75” D
- Weight: 288 lbs each
- Article: Dynamic Range Advantages in Legacy Technology
- Article: Behind The Design: VALOR with Bill Dudleston & Doug Schroeder
- Article: Legacy VALOR is "Outstanding! The Best I've Heard"
- Article: Legacy Receives Gold Show Award, Best Sound Capital Audiofest 2018
- Article: Legacy of Sound at Capitol Studios
- Article: Legacy VALOR & Calibre Presented to Atlanta Audio Club
- Article: Watch: Lifting The Veil on Music with Legacy Audio
- Article: Legacy Wows at AXPONA 2018, "I Score the Legacy VALORS A+, Summa Cum Laude!"
- Article: "Legacy is Pioneering this Industry” Audioholics Interview with Bill Dudleston
- Article: Legacy VALOR System Receives Gold Show Award, Best Sound AXPONA 2018
- Article: Legacy VALOR is Best in Show: "Elvis Was In The Building"
- Article: Legacy VALOR "Gotta Have It!" Preview by Audioholics
- Article: VALOR & SUT: "A Breathtaking New Level of Performance"
- Article: Legacy VALOR Named Most Significant Introduction at 2017 RMAF
- Article: Legacy to Showcase New Technology in VALOR Speaker at RMAF 2017
- Review: Legacy VALOR “A Truly Great Speaker System. To Redefine the State of The Art, I Would Suggest You Audition the VALOR.”
- Review: Legacy Wavelet an “Extraordinary New Approach to Room Correction”
- Review: Legacy VALOR: "I was Indeed Impressed. An Ear-Opening Experience!"
- Review: Legacy VALOR: "A Heroic Speaker" Compared to Systems Costing $100K More
Wavelet DAC / Preamp / Processor
The Legacy Audio Wavelet is a control preamp, a high-end DAC, a 2/3/4-way digital crossover with time alignment and a speaker correction system that will literally “learn” your room.Learn More
The V high performance speaker system from Legacy Audio is a groundbreaking achievement that unites perfect timing with incredible design. This 4 way system is the first to use the Legacy Wavelet Processor (an advanced speaker & room resonance correction system with a high-end DAC/Preamplifier) and features open air dipole midrange, dual subwoofers with internal amplification, two Legacy 4” long AMT tweeters in a specially optimized post convergent array and craftsmanship display options.Learn More
Legacy's i·V4 Ultra offers a dedicated module for each of its four channels. The amplifier approaches 80% efficiency while delivering 610 watts per channel into 8 ohms, 1,000 watts into 4 ohms.Learn More