- Lifestyle Collection
The elegantly styled Silhouette, from Legacy Audio, provides no compromise performance in an artful 5.125" deep on wall / in wall design. The profile appears even thinner due to the anti-diffractive contoured edges. The robust driver complement and special electrical network yield the optimum response at the listening position. The result is a speaker that does not sound like an on-wall with staging beyond the wall.
On-wall speakers are often dynamically challenged, especially in the lower octaves. This isn't the case with the Legacy Silhouette. It provides top-to-bottom performance with plenty of slam. The three-way design features a newly engineered 10" low-profile long-excursion woofer and pneumatically coupled radiator to lay the foundation supporting the high acceleration 7" silver/graphite midrange. Treble remains clear and airy from the 4" Legacy AMT ribbon, boasting a high-temperature pleated Kapton diaphragm and neodymium motor.
The internal crossover divides the spectrum precisely where the wall boundary creates a strong dip in the response of conventional speakers. This compensation in the electrical network allows for the appropriate response at the listening position. The result is a speaker that does not sound like an on-wall with staging beyond the wall.
It pairs with the Silhouette Center Channel speaker.
French cleat-mounting brackets make for quick installation on the wall surface.
The Legacy Silhouette is also available in the streamline Silhouette Pro version, for behind screen or in-wall applications. Please consult the manual for the various mounting options available to you.
"For all of you that like music and movies, you don’t have to decide what compromises to make in your speaker selection. The Silhouettes can do it all…and beautifully!" - Jim Milton, Secrets of Home Theater
- Product Manual Download Manual
- Application: Low profile articulate full range main or side on-wall
- System Type: 4 driver, 3 way
- Mounting: Wall mount with bracket
- Tweeter: 4" AMT folded ribbon
- Midwoofer: 7" Silver/Graphite woven diaphragm, cast basket, phase compensation plug
- Bass: 10" long throw low-profile motor
- Passive Radiator: 10" mass loaded pneumatic
- Low Frequency Alignment: Assisted B6
- Inputs: 1 pair binding post, recessed cup
- Recommended Amplification: 25-300 Watts
- Freq Response (Hz, +/-3dB): 42-28k
- Impedance: 4 Ohm
- Sensitivity: 92 dB (2.83V @ 1m)
- Crossover Frequency (Hz): 250, 2.5k
- Dimensions (HxWxD, inches): 36.5 x 16.5 x 5.125 each
- Weight: 54 lbs each
- Boxed Dimensions (HxWxD, inches): 43 x 22 x 22 per pair
- Shipping Weight: 155 lbs per pair
- Article: Legacy "Legendary Sound & Performance Value" at RMAF 2018
- Article: Legacy Wows at AXPONA 2018, "I Score the Legacy VALORS A+, Summa Cum Laude!"
- Article: Legacy Audio Joins The Cinema Designer Database
- Article: Legacy Impresses at AXPONA 2017: "Truly Outstanding Sound"
- Article: Legacy Announces Silhouette On-Wall Speaker
- Review: "The Legacy Silhouettes Can Do It All…Beautifully!" - Review
- Review: Watch the Video Review: Legacy Silhouette- "That's Outstanding Sound!"
The perfect mate to the Silhouette mains, Silhouette Center provides no compromise performance in an artful 5.125" deep on wall / in wall design.Learn More
The Legacy Silhouette Pro is an extremely versatile on or in wall speaker for home theater mains, rear or surround sound applications.Learn More
Pixel is the perfect way to experience legendary Legacy Audio performance without taking up much space. A more compact version of the Silhouette, Pixel is a 2-way speaker that can be easily hung on the wall like a picture, or mounted in wall.Learn More
The Legacy Powerbloc4 is the perfect option for bi-amping speakers and high performance surround sound applications.Learn More