- Masters Collection
The newly released Signature XD brings the highest level of performance to an elegant slim five-driver four-way tower configuration. Though occupying little more than one square foot of floor space, the internally powered 48" Signature XD delivers tremendous clarity and impact with 650 watts of refined ICEpower® amplification.
The mastering grade speaker system articulates the treble region with Legacy’s Dual AMT tweeter configuration. The air displacement and acceleration of the 1” and 4” pleated diaphragms is four times greater than conventional tweeters, thus providing greater air and detail. Vocals are delivered by Legacy’s recently developed 7” graphene filled carbon fiber midrange with a massive magnetic structure, computer optimized copper phase- plug and shorting ring. The dual 10” woofers employ a rigid aluminum diaphragm capable of reinforcing the lower vocal range and mid-bass, enriching baritones and larger stringed instruments as only larger speakers could previously. The powerful amplification assures bass weight and heft.
The Signature XD affords unusual flexibility in amplifier configuration and room placement. The self-powered speaker system can be driven full range with its pristine internal amplifier. The crossover network can be divided with the flick of a switch allowing the upper section to be driven with external amplification of the user’s choice. This feature accommodates the invested tube and Class A aficionados.
The Signature XD system can be placed near the front wall without concern due to its sealed configuration. The proprietary internal dynamic damping circuitry and carefully implemented crossover points greatly reduce colorations from early reflections. Even greater results can be achieved by employing the Legacy Wavelet processor which also facilitates bi-amplification.
Dual Air Motion Tweeter System
The ribbon drivers of the Legacy Dual Air Motion Tweeter system are the very same used in the Legacy Focus SE (positioned at exactly the same listener height as the Focus SE) and employ planar and folded diaphragms suspended in high magnetic force field provided by neodymium. A natural fullness in the treble is exhibited that reminds us why we love high-end audio so much.Learn More
Signature XD additionally features silver HF wire on the treble and Solen® capacitors in the high frequency section.
Dual 10" Woofers
Signature XD employs dual 10” woofers, paired to reduce distortion, while the sealed alignment couples to the floor boundary to achieve highly controlled low frequency extension.
Signature XD has the ability to be placed very close to the back wall thanks to its sealed box alignment. Taut bass lines emerge with solid punch and no over-hang.
- Application Sealed enclosure, low sensitivity to room placement
- System Type 5 driver, 4 way
- Tweeter Dual Air Motion Tweeter System – 1” AMT super tweeter, silver HF wire
- Midrange Dual Air Motion Tweeter System – 4” AMT tweeter
- Midrange 7” Graphene-filled carbon fiber cone with cast frame
- Subwoofer Dual 10” spun aluminum diaphragm, rubber surround, long throw suspension with case frame
- Low Frequency Alignment Sealed, dynamic damping
- Inputs Preamp level: XLR/RCA with adapter
- High Level 1pr of 5-way binding posts
- Internal Amplification 650 watts ICEpower® amplification
- Recommended Amplification 20-300 watts for upper section
- Freq. Response (Hz, +/-2dB) 22-30K
- Impedance 4 Ohm
- Sensitivity 92 dB (2.83V @ 1m)
- Crossover (Hz) 180, 2.8K, 8K
- Dimensions HxWxD (inches) 48 x 12 x 13.75
- Weight (each) 110 lbs each
- Article: Legacy is "So Far Ahead In The Design Game That Most Manufacturers Are Playing Catch-Up To Designs Legacy Has Had Available For Years"
- Article: Legacy Audio to Debut Signature XD at AXPONA 2022
- Review: “The Legacy Signature SE is Absolutely Natural- Every Note Literally Fills the Room with Air”
Signature SE allows fans of the Legacy Focus SE, a benchmark for recording professionals and audiophiles worldwide, to attain the legendary Legacy performance in a more compact footprint.Learn More
The world renowned Legacy Focus SE is now available with internal amplification and more, in the Focus XD. The award winning Legacy Valor, V System and AERIS (2021 Product of the Year) are based upon multi-amplification technology. Now, these same powerful upgrades are available for the popular Focus speaker.Learn More
Take advantage of the increased dynamic capability of high resolution recordings with the Legacy i·V2 dual mono amplifier. You will enjoy a lower noise floor in your recordings, stronger crests, and increased dynamic resolution.Learn More
The Silverscreen HD is a perfect match for Classic HD, Signature SE, or with TV monitors under 52 inches. It is designed to provide wide dispersion and can be placed above or below the screen.Learn More