- Performance Collection
Legacy's PowerBloc2 ULTRA is a dual monoblock design offering independent power supplies doubling the current capability of the PowerBloc2. With the added heat sinking of separate ICEpower modules each channel can deliver peaks of 1000 watts into speakers like Focus SE. In fact, these are the very same high current modules found in a pair of the incredible Focus XD.
Audiophiles will appreciate the detail and resolution from the ultra-wide 1.5 Hz to 70 kHz bandwidth. Professionals will love the abundance of effortless power. Characterized by a solid and taut low end with fully developed shimmer in the top extremes, Powerbloc2 ULTRA is one of the most versatile reference grade amplifiers ever.
The benefits of multi-amplification are inarguable; lower intermodulaton, greater headroom and freedom from harmful clipping. Yet concerns over cost, bulk and complexity have prevented users from enjoying these substantial advantages. The Powerbloc2 ULTRA can be used in pairs with Legacy Audio's DSP based processor/crossovers to raise system performance to a new level. They can also be used in pairs to bi-amp passive loudspeakers.
Numerous refinements to class D topologies in recent years have resulted in improvements that not only match the neutrality of other high end designs, but actually exceed typical performance parameters in several ways:
- High damping factor
- Low output impedance
- Wide bandwidth
- Huge dynamic range
Stable into low impedances, the Powerbloc2 ULTRA achieves high output without bridging and is exceptionally quiet. No transformer hum, fan noise or long waits after power cycling for stabilization. Extremely stable even when driven hard, the ultra-efficient Powerbloc ULTRA amps feature short circuit protection, thermal sensing and 12VDC triggering. Inputs are premium hand soldered XLR balanced and gold-plated RCA inputs, as found only on the finest gear.
The Legacy Powerbloc2 ULTRA provides serious power... for serious listening.
The Powerbloc2 ULTRA is also available in a lower output version- the Powerbloc2, and 4 channel version, the Powerbloc4.
"The promise of serious power at a fair price is honestly made and fully delivered." - Dan Kumin, Sound & Vision
Less Wasted Power
Power loss of the Powerbloc ULTRA amplifier and power loss of a Class AB amplifier with highest theoretically possible efficiency.
The Legacy Powerbloc2 ULTRA is the recipient of both a Sound & Vision Magazine Top Pick Award and a "Thumbs Up" Award from Secrets of Home Theater & High Fidelity.Read the Review
"All the power most will ever need, with the sound quality you want in a slim, cool-running package." - Dan Kumin, Sound & Vision
"The Powerbloc2 ULTRA had finesse and muscle, imaging was excellent, and it had complete control of my speakers, allowing me to hear what they can do. If you are in the market for a two-channel sound system and you want these qualities in your sound system, give the Legacy Powerbloc2 ULTRA a closer look and listen. Your speakers will thank you." - Jim Milton, Secrets of Home Theater & High Fidelity
- Product Manual Download Manual
- Power per side: 325 watts per channel x 2 @ 8 ohms, 650 watts per channel x 2 @ 4 ohms
- Inputs: 2 balanced XLR, 2 unbalanced RCA
- Outputs: 2 pair gold plated safety approved five-way binding posts
- Damping Factor: 1,000< 1kHz
- Voltage Gain: 27.4 dB
- Dynamic Range: 117 dB
- Peak Current: 30 amps/channel
- THD: 0.005% at rated output
- TIM: 0.0045% at rated output
- Input Sensitivity: 2.1 Volts to rated power
- Dimensions: 3" H x 17" W x 14" D
- Unit Weight: 13 lbs
- Shipping Dimensions: 9" H x 22" W x 18 D
- Shipping Weight: 18 lbs
- Article: Studio Geist
- Article: Legacy Powerbloc2 is Recommended Product of The Year Award Winner
- Article: “Speed & Openness, The Name of the Game” Legacy at AXPONA 2019
- Article: "The Best Value in High End Audio"- Legacy Powerbloc Amplifier Reviews & Testimonials
- Article: Legacy Audio Joins The Cinema Designer Database
- Review: "Solid, Well-Built, And Very Powerful" Legacy Powerbloc2 Amplifier
- Review: Legacy Powerbloc2 Has "No Real Competition, at Anywhere Near This Price."
- Review: Legacy Powerbloc2 "Sounds & Feels Like It Should Cost A Lot More..."
- Review: Legacy Powerbloc2 "Delivers Premium Sound Quality to Any System-Your Speakers Will Thank You"
- Review: Legacy Powerbloc "The promise of serious power at a fair price is honestly made and fully delivered"
Take advantage of the increased dynamic capability of high resolution recordings with the Legacy i·V2 ULTRA dual mono amplifier. You will enjoy a lower noise floor in your recordings, stronger crests, and increased dynamic resolution.Learn More
The Legacy Powerbloc4 is the perfect option for bi-amping speakers and high performance surround sound applications.Learn More
Classic HD is designed from the ground up to deliver amazing sound. Great as a front pair in home theater applications; exacting enough for the most critical audiophile.Learn More
Signature SE allows fans of the Legacy Focus SE, a benchmark for recording professionals and audiophiles worldwide, to attain the legendary Legacy performance in a more compact footprint.Learn More